- Book air tickets for a Gozo Coastal Walk.
- Get out for a walk, long or short, every day, rain or shine.
- Prepare for market signed prints of 3 or 4 series of my paintings, i.e., (1) Fireside Scenes, (2) Coloured Pencil sketches, (3) Oil-style paintings, (4) Other.
- Add to Krunchie's Manifesto items on People Registration and Abolition of Criminal Law.
- Extend my Shares Watch to include watching for coming spikes.
- Add more items to Krunchie's World from my photo collections, together with account of how places affected my thinking.
- Progress my projects on Krunchie's Cab, Single Button Keyboard and Simplified Land Titling.
- Record some of my tunes.
- Reduce consumption of wine and monitor my collesterol level.
- Reflect on and explain The Second Sixty-five
- Continue fortnightly tin-whistle/ poetry performance; perhaps more at new venues.
- Take a step every day towards an objective from the above list.
Proinnsias - Krunchie As
"Proinnsias" sounds the same as "Krunchie as," except with a P instead of a K. I was christened "Francis Killeen," but adopted the Irish form of this name "Proinnsias Ó Cillín." ("Cillín," which means "treasure," sounds exactly the same as "Killeen"). Some people have difficulty pronouncing "Proinnsias," and some children in my neighbourhood called me "Krunchie," a nickname that stuck.
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
New Year Resolutions 2015
Proinnsias Ó Cillín
- Born in Phibsborough, Dublin, 1943. Qualifications: BL and M Sc (IT).Land Registration Consultant, poet, inventor and artist.Member of the Invincibles old-time band.Attended St Peter's primary and O'Connell secondary schools.Member, down the years, of church choir,Knights of Malta, Dáil na nÓg, Irish Language societies, residents association, action groups, musical societies and drama groups, board of National Museum.Chaired many groups, including Residents Association, IMPACT trade union branch, Art Societies.Ran folk club in Slattery's of Capel Street, late 1960s and returned for Poems and Pints. Led Claremont Residents Association to win Tidy Areas Competition.